Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Spotlight


Tami here to bring you another fabulous interview from Kaytee!  This week she interviewed me.  And don't miss next Sunday's interview when she interviews our very own Tanyia!



Kaytee: Tell us a little bit about you? 

Tami: I am 36, wife to my Navy husband, Michael.  Mother to Tony, 15, and Jonathan, 4.  We live in Southern Mississippi.  Moved here 2 months before Katrina and she threw us a heck of a house-warming (tearing up) party.  LOL!  I work FT for a small car hauling company.  We take karate (Tang Soo Do) as a family, which is a great activity for us to share.  I also volunteer a lot with our H.S. JROTC since my oldest is in it & I love teaching my kids patriotism!  I love photography and plan to get into it professionally when I don't have to work FT any more.


Kaytee: So tell us how long you have been scrapping for?

Tami: I have been a wanna-be paper scrapper for a few years.  A close friend of mine has been into digi forever & I swore I would never do it.  But after months of her sending me the pics of stuff she had done and it was beautiful and didn't look as 'flat' as I had imagined it would, I got curious.  I think I started digi-scrapping in June '08.


Kaytee: Now that you are the awesome CT leader for Tanyia, how is that going? I bet you are busy busy busy!!!

Tami: That would be putting it mildly.  I had actually only had a month or so of CT experience and this is the first as CT Leader.  But it is for a GREAT designer, with a FABULOUS CT group ~ what else could a girl ask for?


Kaytee: If you had to name one product of Tanyias that is your favorite, which would you choose?

Tami: That is getting hard to say now with the new releases and upcoming releases, but I think I'll have to go with my first love...Feelin' Fresh


Kaytee: Have you ever paper scrapped? If so do you much anymore?

Tami: LOL, as I made the comment in the first question, I considered myself a wanna-be scrapper.  You know the kind that spends WAY too much money on supplies, but only has a few finished pages and quite a few of half-finished pages to show for it.  But just HAD to buy the next greatest product, because that will be the one that helps me to be the greatest scrapper ever.  HA!  


I made my mom a little memory book this past spring for Mother's Day.  It came out ok (but would have looked awesome if it was digi :) )


Kaytee: How many layouts do you do in an average month?

Tami: (rubs her forehead as she thinks) Not really sure. Really depends on my activities for that month and if I get sick.  I would say at least 5.  Maybe sometimes 10 - 15. 


Kaytee: How long does it take you normally to complete a layout?

Tami:  Too long.  LOL  I am completely anal about the tiny details.  Maybe 2 hours, sometimes 3 or 4?  The placement has to be just right, the shadowing just right...LOL


Kaytee: Do you ever take part in digi challenges? If so what are some of your favorite ones?

Tami: I love to, just haven't had the time so much lately too.  Template challenges are among my favorite.  And I really like speed scraps too.


Kaytee: Can you show us a layout or two of your favorite pages you have done with Tanyias Kits?

Tami: How about 3 :)  I think 'Playful' using Feelin' Playful, 'Friends' using My BFF, Rose and 'Oh No You Didn't' using Feelin' Fresh are some of my favorite!







Kaytee: Is there anything else you would like to say while you are standing in the spotlight?

Tami: Hmm, never seem to know what to say at this part.  I am a huge joker and love kidding around.  Think that's why Tanyia & I get along so well.  I'm also EXTREMELY patriotic!

2 comments:

Lilja said...

Fun to get to know people better!! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

What a great interview!! I love reading these!!