Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Spotlight

It's that time again!! Woohoo... I love chatting with our CT members and getting to know a lil about them!


Today we are going to get a few minutes with Shannon! Only a few cause she is way to busy making ads for us! hehe

Photobucket


CT: Hi, Shannon!
Shannon: Hi Tanyia!

CT: How are you today, hun?
Shannon: Oh so tired, and it's only 12:30! We went horseback riding this morning. :)

CT: Before I ask you anything, I just have to say you are a hot lil mama ain't ya? Don't you think all our pretty pixels are so purdy!?
Shannon:Oh gee, I just know how to take pictures, lol. I really love our team. Everyone's so great and hard working, and super talented!

CT: So what first got you into scrappin' and how long have you been doing it?
Shannon: Like most moms, I started scrapping because I had a child. It was slow going at first because I was paper scrapping. I love to create things, but I'm not very good with my hands, so when I paper scrap I have a really hard time making something look on paper like it does in my mind. But I've always been computer savvy, so once I started reading about digi scrapping, I couldn't resist! I started just using digital brushes on my photos before printing them. Then I started downloading freebies, and then I was hooked! I made my first all digital layout in October '07. And when I started I had no one to teach me, so everything I know has come from either tutorials, or trial and error. Or Maria *-)

CT: How many scrap sites are you really active in, and which ones?
Shannon: I am most active at Digital Candy. Everything I make is in my gallery there. I also go to DST, of course. Then after those it's probably the Digi Chick, they have fun challenges. I also like Scrapmatters and Oscraps.

CT: What is your favorite challenge and why?
Shannon: The one I made up and am hosting, hehe. *-) It's called Oh No You Didn't and I think we're going to have lots of fun with it. The other one I usually try to do is the template challenge, cuz I am nuts for templates!

CT: How many Los do you usually do a month, or week...however you recall it?
Shannon:Uh, that all totally depends on whether my husband is home or not. When he's gone I can usually make one per night. Usually. I can make something per night, even if it's a blinkie, a layout, an ad, whatever. Now that he's home and we've been doing a lot of family trips and stuff, I maybe can do 3 a week. In about a month Charly starts full time preschool! So I'll have blocks of time during the day to myself. Yay! (Oh, did I just say that out loud?...I really love being a SAHM, but I have no time to myself unless it's after midnight!)

CT: Why exactly do you CT?
Shannon:To learn. I applied to be on my first CT with Maria (Duchess Designs) because she was always posting tutorials in the DC forum, and she's a pro photographer. I have grown so much as a scrapper from each of the designers I've worked with. And oddly enough, now instead of making layouts, I'm making ads. But it's still so much fun! I love watching a designer grow, not only in her talent and abilities, but in popularity.

CT: What is your fav Pretty Pixels kit?
Shannon: Gee. I love Amber's All Glammed Up because purple is my favorite color and that kit has so many different, versatile elements.

CT: What is your fav LO using Pretty Pixels stuff?
Shannon: My fav layout of mine? Probably Wild Child. But I like my July Desktop too.

CT: What is life outside of blogging, CTing and scrapping like?
Shannon: I have a four-year-old daughter named Charly who speaks like an 8-yo and rolls her eyes like a 12-yo. She talks all day long, and constantly needs attention and approval. She is a wonderful artist, and we're all the time making something. She is what I shape my days around. My husband is in the Army and travels a lot, but I'm thankful that he's home way more than every 15 months!

CT: Anything else we should know?!
Shannon: I love Jesus, and owe everything to Him.

CT: I hope you know next time I won't let you off so easy! heehee
Shannon: Ooooooh, I'm so scared!! Lol.

If you wanna leave Shannon some luv, please do so. If you have any questions or comments for her; leave them here as well! :)

See y'all next time!

Happy Scrappin'

4 comments:

MrsRomer said...

Tell your husband thank you for his service. And also to you, as the toughest military job is the military wife! (navy wife here :) ). It was great getting a chance to know more about you!

Paulana said...

Great to know a little more about you

Paulana

@}-- ruby --{@ said...

That's one interesting chat, nice to know little bits about you Shannon, can't wait to read about the others... i'm getting nervous by now, like i'll be in a beauty contest Q&A portion... lol

Debbie said...

Thanks to Shannon's DH! As a military Mom of two, I know the sacraifice made by the entire family-God Bless! Fun to learn a little more about your resident cutie!